I’ve read a lot of great reviews about Birchbox so I thought I would give it a try. If you don’t yet know what it is, let me tell you. It is another subscription box company. They specialize in beauty and hair products. For $10 a month you receive a box filled with 5 samples of the newest and greatest products. They also provide a card that describes each product and how much full size costs. The nice bonus is Birchbox sells the products on their website and they usually attach a nice little discount.
I received my first Birchbox the other day. Mine was the July box that was themed after the show Suits. I don’t watch Suits so I didn’t understand the correlation. No big for me though.
What was inside my box:
1. Caudalie Divine Legs; this is a lotion that adds a “beachy glow” to your skin. Guess what? I already have a beachy glow, I live on the beach and run daily in the sun. I’m as tan as I need to be. Oh well, I’ll pass it along to a GF that is not as tan skinned as I.
2. Coola Cucumber Moisturizer with SPF 30. Again, I live on the beach and never walk out the door with less than SPF 50 on my face and SPF 70 on my body. I tried it on a day I spent mostly indoors. It smells great and kept me smooth all day. I’m definitely going to research if they make a higher SPF.
3. Number 4 Leave-in Conditioner. I have the thickest, frizziest hair so I am all about conditioner. I haven’t tried it because it was salon day but it is going in my hair after the next wash. I’m excited about this one.
4. Purminerals CC Cream. I’ve been dying to try a CC, BB, whatever other alphabet cream they make. I squealed with delight when I read the card and found it was in my box. Until…I saw they gave me “light” shade. Hello, I’m tan/olive skin!!!! This was more of a let down then the tanning lotion.
5. Birchbox Bobby Pins. These cute little pins made up for the rest of the box. They have a little design and will be cute when I want to pull back my bangs.
Liking 2 out of 5 products isn’t too bad, well in my class, it’s a failing grade. But, like in my classroom, I give several chances to redeem yourself. I will give Birchbox a couple more tries and am hopeful I’ll find more products useful then I found in this month’s box.
Do you subscribe to Birchbox? Do you like it?